Tempo Plugin - log out automatically after x hours

Christoph Moser January 3, 2013

Hi,

we have Tempo plugin for tracking time and therefore I have some questions:

- is it possible to logout a user after a specific amount of time (e.g. 8 hours)? If yes, how?

- if no, is it possible to send the user an email as a reminder to logout?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers

Christoph

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

Session timeouts are respected by JIRA if Tempo is installed because of the fact that Tempo seems to be doing a continuous REST call from the view issue pages and JIRA will never timeout. This is a bug being tracked in Tempo, while I do not have the ID.

I am adding the tempo label to this posting.

0 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

You can edit the Session Timeout variable to automatically log users out after a certain amount of inactivity, here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+the+default+session+timeout

Christoph Moser January 3, 2013

Thank you for reply.

But what I exactly mean is to stop timetracker after a specific time (Our employees always forget to stop tracker...).

thanks.

dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013

Hmm, not entirely familiar with tempo but Im sure this is possible with some settings. Go to the tempo's config page, 'Administration' > 'System' > 'Issue Features' > 'Time Tracking', and set:

Max Hours Per Day Per User = 8

users allowed to register time into future = 0

Perhaps this will set the hours loggable to only 8 per day? Still not sure though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events