Tempo Planner sets issue estimate to one working day

Alexey Zimarev October 23, 2014

When I am using the timeline view and drag an issue to someone's timeline, it gets estimated for one working day, always. It is also impossible to change this. Issue already had some estimate in it, say 3 hours. But this at the left bottom side of the box, at the right side I see 0h before dragging it to a timeline and 8h after that. Even if I put two issues on the timeline of the same user, they are both estimated for 8 hours. Is there anything I miss?

3 answers

1 vote
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2014

Hi Alexey,

The default assignment for an Issue without estimate is one day. If you have 8h set as the required hours in the workload scheme (8h is the default), this is the time that will be assigned. 

If the Issue has an estimate, it will be assigned for the estimated hours rounded to a full day. So an Issue that has an estimate of 3h will be assigned for a full day, an issue with an estimate of 10h to two days. Please take also a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/PLANNER/Planner+Timeline for more information.

Kind regards,

Susanne

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2014

You can change the commitment for a Plan item on the timeline in the Plan Item sidebar (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/PLANNER/Plan+Item+Sidebar). Open this sidebar by clicking on the Plan you have made for a user. In the "Planned for" section of the sidebar, you can change the commitment for this plan (the time a user is supposed to spend on this Issue/ day). 

You can add plans for more than one Issue for a User and day and adjust the commitment for each Plan Item in the sidebar so they will not be overallocated.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Alexey Zimarev October 23, 2014

Thank you Susanne, this explains. Although, it would be nice to keep the original estimate and be able to plan multiple tasks in one day.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events