Tempo Planner - Issues Not Available For Planning

Chris S March 9, 2014

I went to use Temp Planner yesterday, after not using if for a while. However, when I went to plan out future work, none of my issues were available to drag and drop onto the plan. I went and verified that I do have my project and my Agile board linked to the Tempo Team and they were properly linked. On the left side of the screen, there are just no issues available.

The only thing that I can think of that changed since list time I use Tempe Planner is that I had Tempo Timesheet previously installed and my trial has since expired. Thus, I uninstalled TempoTimesheet.

Coud this have anything to do with it and do you have any other ideas when none of my issues are showing as available so I can use them with Tempo Planner? The image below is what I see when I go into Tempo Planner in Planning mode.

Thanks,
Chris

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris S April 3, 2014

I found the problem and it ended up being a permissinos issue. I created the Agile board so I presumed I had permissions to add items to Planner, but I didn't. After I gave myself permissions to work on Planner, everythign magically had access to all of my items again.

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

Hi Chris

To be able to access the Work Item sidebar, you need to link your Team to a JIRA project or an Agile Board (if you are using JIRA Agile). This is done in the Team configuration.

Choose a Team-> Configuration, Links.
After linking the Team, you will be able to access the sidebar and see the available work items.
You might also want to take a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/PLANNER/Move+to+Issue. Here is a description of how to refine a plan to Issue level.
Hope this helps
Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events