Tempo Accounts: Importing Accounts from custom .CSV not working

John Paz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

Following the instructions found here, I am able to get to the Validation screen, and it even gives me a comprehensive list of all the accounts I'm trying to import with no error messages.

However, once I click "Import," it does not import a single Account and gives me no error messages.

After further inspection, it feels like my Account Keys aren't in the correct format, because the example in the doc has them in number format, but I have alphabet characters (as the instructions said was valid).

What's really frustrating is that the validation screen should tell me what's wrong, but it isn't...

Using JIRA 6.0.1, Tempo v. 7.10.3

1 answer

0 votes
Alejandro Torrijos December 3, 2014

Hi John,

Please try to export the account template and the issue are recognized correctly in Excel.

I'm saying that because we had a problem to import csv format before and it was on our CSV convertion, it was using the ; as separator instead of , then Tempo did not recognise it.

If that is your issue, you should temporary change the on Control Panel the numeric decimal or simply your location to US or UK, do your import and then change it back if necessary.

By the way we have characters on our accounts ID, you can do also one manual entry and then dowload it to check the format and to verify that the fields format are valid.

Best regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events