Tempo 7.6.0.1 impairs keyboard shortcut functionality in issue navigator

I reported this situation to jira.atlassian.com as a possible bug. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33232. They directed me to the developer for support.

Our installation is running JIRA 5.0.7. After a recent upgrade of the Tempo Plugin from 7.4.1 to 7.6.0.1 I observe a change in the behavior of the JIRA keyboard shortcuts: When viewing a list of issues using the issue navigator, then viewing a selected issue from the list, the j and k keys do not function as expected: striking j does not present the next issue in the list, and striking k does not present the previous issue in the list. I suspect this may be related to the upgrade of tempo for the following reasons: 1) I did not observe the defect described above until after Tempo was upgraded to 7.6.0.1 2); when I attempt the same operation on our test system (5.0.7 with Tempo 7.4.1) the j & k shortcut keys behave as expected; and 3) when I disable the Tempo 7.6.0.1 then retry the operation, the the j & k shortcut keys behave as expected. The observations appear to be browser agnostic, i.e. I can replicate the observations on Firefox, Chrome, and IE. Can you investigate and let me know if you can replicate the problem?

4 answers

1 accepted

I'm not sure why, but the shortcut key behavior is now back to normal. I'm unable to replicate the behavior.

Hi Chris,

I am sorry for the inconvenience although I am not sure how this can be related to Tempo but we will find out. I have raised this in our tracker, please see https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-13 for progress.

Cheers,
Viðar

I'm not sure why, but the shortcut key behavior is now back to normal. I'm unable to replicate the behavior.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

178 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you