Tempe Timesheets - Time Remaining

Chris S June 10, 2014

I have an issue where developers are resolving or closing issue quicker that what was estimated for the issue. Then they close the issue, with time remaining, but for all resports, it still shows there is teme remaining on is issue, even though it is closed. This makes estimating time to completion for a project difficult to estimate.

Is there any was to automatically have the time remainign set to 0 when an issue is closed?

Thanks,
Chris

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2014

Hi Chris,

this is out of the scope of Tempo but you should be able to modify your workflow to set the remaining hours to 0 when you close an issue. I found this older thread https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/28445/how-can-i-set-remaining-time-to-0-automatically-when-issue-resolved-or-closed which might help.

Kind regards,

Susanne

0 votes
Chris S June 19, 2014

Susanne,

The link above was exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Chris

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2014

yes, Tempo uses the remaining estimate information from JIRA

0 votes
Chris S June 10, 2014

Thanks for the idea! I will have to checkit out.

Just to verify, defaulf Tempo functinality will leave whatever time is left as time remaining on a closed item then?

Thanks,
Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events