Tasks set to recur with CodeDoers plug-in are not recurring

TL March 27, 2015

I am doing a test of this plug-in running JIRA 6.3.7 on OSX. I created 12 different types of tickets.  Of those 12, which were all set to recur 1 x a day for 2 days, only 2 issues actually cloned themselves.  Even a basic issue I created to recur (just a task with no other details) did not recur.

Attached is screen shot of a basic issue I created. Note that the date of the next occurence is March 27, 2015 and that the last update is noted as "yesterday" - showing that though a recur is set, and the next occurrence is "today" it did not actually happen.

Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 12.21.13 PM.png

7 answers

0 votes
TL May 14, 2015

No issue finding the logs.  But I cannot do that smile  The team who can is currently at capacity with priority issues. When they become avail I can revisit.  

0 votes
CodeDoers May 14, 2015

Hello TL,

We will be more then happy to fix your problems, but we can't do this without the logs - we are not able to reproduce your issue. Do you have any problems with finding them?

Just like we said in first comment:

If you can't find proper logs, please set DEBUG level logging for 'com.codedoers' package in your JIRA, then do some new tests and send us the logs.

Logging level can be change here: Administration > Logging & Profiling > Configure logging level for another package.

Best Regards,

CodeDoers 

0 votes
TL May 14, 2015

Hello Codedoers - I'm sorry to say but I am still having the same issue.  I created 9 "test" tickets to test recurrence and only 2 of them worked. Oddly enough, like my first test (posted above), again only 2 issues were cloned.

I cannot get you any logs.  Here's a screenshot from today.  And literally, it's the same issue I've been having. I can copy/paste my statement --> "Attached is screen shot of a basic issue I created. Note that the date of the next occurrence is May 14, 2015 and that the last update is noted as "yesterday" - showing that though a recur is set, and the next occurrence is "today" it did not actually happen."

Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 10.14.04 AM.png

0 votes
TL May 12, 2015

Thank you for the update.  As soon as I can run a test and validate results I will share here.  

-TL

0 votes
CodeDoers May 10, 2015

Hello all,

it should be fixed with new Repeating Issues version 0.1.0: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.codedoers.jira.repeating-issues

Please check and let us know if you still have problems.

Best Regards,

CodeDoers Team

0 votes
Alexander Schätzle March 31, 2015

Same Problem here,

how can we support the bugfix?

Regards

Alex

CodeDoers April 1, 2015

Hello Alexander, since we are not able to reproduce this issue yet, could you please send as a log from the day when recurrence should happen to support@codedoers.com? You can send the logs containing phrase 'Can't apply CloneIssue action' or 'Can't CloneIssue'. If you can't find such logs, please set DEBUG level logging for 'com.codedoers' package in your JIRA, then do some new tests and send us the logs. Logging level can be change here: Administration > Logging & Profiling > Configure logging level for another package. We will be more then happy to assist you and we look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, CodeDoers

0 votes
CodeDoers March 29, 2015

Hello TL, we are trying to reproduce your issue but we are not able. Could you please send as a log from the day when recurrence should happen to support@codedoers.com? You can send the logs containing phrase 'Can't apply CloneIssue action' or 'Can't CloneIssue'. If you can't find such logs, please set DEBUG level logging for 'com.codedoers' package in your JIRA, then do some new tests and send us the logs. Logging level can be change here: Administration > Logging & Profiling > Configure logging level for another package. We will be more then happy to assist you and we look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely. CodeDoers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events