Tasks not spanning days on gantt

Trent Covert January 23, 2014

How do I make my project tasks span days on the Gantt chart from start to due date?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

Hello Trent,

Task's width is calculated based on time estimate ("Original Estimate" field) and progress shown on the chart is based on recorded worklog respectively. In theory, due date has nothing to do with task's working time length and it shouldn't be taken into account when rendering gantt chart.

There is a plan, however, to place a "due date" on a chart too as a vertical bar rendered at given date just for user convenience.

0 votes
Trent Covert January 26, 2014

Thanks for the response. Although the estimate time works great for a lot of tasks, sometimes due date can be helpful, so I am looking forward to that. The other item that would be nice to see is the ability to toggle off completed items and un-scheduled tasks.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

Tasks filtering by component, version and status is under development and should be released this week. Displaying due dates will be added shortly after that.

Trent Covert February 4, 2014

Don't want to seem pushy, just curious how these updates are coming along. I am anxious. Thanks for your work on this.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2014

No worries, keep asking! :-) As filtering is almost there, I need to do one more fix and then due dates will come next, probably in the beginning of next week.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2014

OK, due dates are now rendered on chart and filtering also works.

Trent Covert February 10, 2014

Wonderful, looks great. The only thing I am seeing is the due date is rendering as being on the day before the due date. So, if I have the due date set as the 7th, it shows as ending on ther 6th.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2014

Hmm, that's weird. I've just checked on two different instances, and rendered bars that represents due date are always in correct chart's cell? Can you provide some examples?

Trent Covert February 10, 2014

See image example here. Could it be a time zone thing?

Gantt Due Date Cells off

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2014

Good catch Trent, it might be related to time zone settings indeed. I'll take a look and let you know.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2014

Just FYI, an issue related to this has been raised here: https://wisoft.atlassian.net/browse/GANTT-109

Trent Covert March 10, 2014

I don't seem to have access to view that issue.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2014

Oops.. try again!

Trent Covert March 10, 2014

Works, and I am following. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events