Table of contents links not working in IE 9 after upgrading to Confluence 5.1.5

Using IE 9, the table of contents links are not working to move down the page for some items, but does work for other links. This all worked on Confluence 3.5.13 prior to the upgrade. However, when testing the same links with FF 23, they all work successfully. Anybody know what is happening and if there is a fix for it?

3 answers

1 accepted

It appears that this issue for us has been solved in an update of Confluence. I just tested version 5.4.3 and the issue is resolved. The links are working correctly.

Hi Nori,

It might be a problem with the formatting that's behind the pages.

If you copy the entire page content into a new page does it fix the problem?

You could also install the source editor plugin for confluence and look at the page source directly to see if something is wrong : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

When we copy the entire page content to a new pages the problem is fixed!
We hope it will fix the problem for Nori as well.

I'm glad it worked :)

Could you please vote up my answer?

Best regards,
Peter

We are experiencing the same problem. However opening the page in Firefox 24.0 does not display working table of contents links...

We are interested in a solution too as we use IE9 on all our machines.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

839 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you