Table Size | Limits and Workarounds

John Laswell February 1, 2014

We've ported some existing data over to PlaySQL and have run into an issue regarding the number of entries we can handle when editing a table. I would prefer not to extend the timeout and am familiar with issue PLAYSQL-19 as a future solution.

Displaying the table within a page isn't an issue as I can emulate a paginated table via a query using offset, limit, and a user param. I'm looking for a way for uses to add entries into the table, without the expense of loading the entire table.

Thanks,

John

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2014

Hi John,

As I understand, your problem isn't much about the table size but rather about adding one record. Would you be happy for a "Form" which allows you to enter a record? Instead of displaying the record as a row, we could display them vertically, with name/value pairs like in a normal form. If you would be happy with that, let's communicate in private and in about two weeks I can send you a prototype, which I would make public later on.

Cheers,

Adrien

John Laswell February 3, 2014

Hey Adrien,

This is the exact solution I was hoping for. I would also be interested in any ideas you have for editing records as well.

Thanks,

John

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2014

Editing records could be slightly more complex since you have to define which record is edited: Should it be the current user's record? Should we let them browse records?

Creating records is a first step that can surely be done. You can watch PLAYSQL-44 if you want to, otherwise I'll notify you on Answers.

John Laswell February 3, 2014

I'll have to get with some other members of the team to decide on what we really need for editing. I think we'll have some information regarding the specific record we will need to edit, but I can't confirm that yet.

I'll watch PLAYSQL-44 once my account is available over there.

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2014

Alright, I'll work on that and I'll contact you when I have the first versions.

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

Hi John,

There's no way to send a private message on Atlassian Answers. Would you mind contacting me at support5a@play-sql.com?

Thank you!

Adrien

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events