TFS4JIRA synchronizing everything

Gary Brown September 11, 2017

Hello, up till now, we have been evaluating TFS4JIRA using our production TFS server and a JIRA clone server.  Everything worked as expected and now we have enabled connection with production JIRA server.

However, it is behaving differently now.  Previously, synchronization took place only when a change was made to a work item or issue.  But now, after enabling with production JIRA, it seems to be synchronizing everything.

In order to stop it, I had to disable the TFS4JIRA plugin as well as the synchronizer profile. Also, I have stopped the app pool DefaultAppPool and TFS4JIRA Sync App Pool (which seems was the one that had effect).

Can you tell me why this is happening?  For now I'll keep everything disabled until this can be sorted out.

1 answer

0 votes
Farah Idayu Othman March 29, 2024

Hello Gary,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I believe you are referring to the TFS4JIRA trying to synchronize everything from the old issues/work items.

You have to check the initial synchronization set in the TFS4JIRA Synchronizer configuration. Ensure that it is not configured to sync all older issues (which may cause duplications).

Also, you may check on the filters configuration and ensure it does not have any configuration set to filter and sync all the workitems/issues.

In case of any further questions, please do not hesitate to write me back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events