[TEMPO] LeadID and Lead Name not seperated in the "Edit Account" Admin View

Joe F. Lee May 16, 2013

Hi,

I was wondering why it is not possible to view the employeeId and employeeName entries in seperate fields in the "Edit Account" view (go to Administration -> Account Manager -> klick on the key of a listed account). I see that the information in the field Lead is composed of the 2 values.

Since we are importing the data from a service it is not possible for us to alter the information in this field.

When klicking on the selected account in a Jira ticket the lead name is visible, which I would expect for the "Edit Account" screen as well.

We are using Tempo Version 7.6.0.1 and Jira Version 5.1.2.

Is it on the roadmap to change this?

Thanks,

Joe

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Hi Joe

You re case is very valid and I have created this request in our tracker

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTMPO-809

Please follow the issue for all updates

Sverrir

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

Hi Joe

Before we released the feature that you could manage accounts manually the field (as in your case) is displaying the Lead initials. In manual account management the lead has to be a JIRA users and the field Lead is a user picker as documented on this page
https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Add+Accounts+Manually

The display in the edit account dialog is the lead username. We will improve the Account manager in future versions of Tempo but you can edit the replace the initials with the username in your imported account file.

Hope this helps

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Joe F. Lee May 21, 2013

Hi Sverrir,

thanks for the feedback. The issue we are facing is the fact that the Account Lead in Salesforce are not active Jira Users and we import their data only to have the appropriate Sales Contact listed in Tempo.

Why does Tempo display the correct information when opening the account information from within a Jira issue but cannot do the same in the Admin Edit Account window? All we like to see is the two values "employeeId" and "employeeName" in 2 seperate fields. That should not be to hard and has absolutely no impact whether you are importing the data or entering it manually.

Thanks,

Joe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events