Syntax highlighting for Gherkin files

Christophe Fernandez June 18, 2015

Hi.

We have Stash 3.7.1 here, and we use the plugin "Include Stash for Confluence".

When I include a ".java" file in a page with this plugin syntax highlighting is OK, as when the file is shown in Stash.
But when I include a ".feature" file with the plugin, I get no syntax highlighting at all, while there is when the same file is shown in Stash ...

Is this a known bug in the plugin ?

2 answers

1 vote
Bernd Möller December 7, 2016

Hi,

please tell me, what is the actual state of this issue ...

Like Christophe we try to use confluence for our requirements and want to visualise the Gherkin-(*.feature)-files out of Bitbucket on this page, but we're missing syntax highlighting for Gherkin.

0 votes
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2015

Hi,

"Include Stash for Confluence" uses Confluence's code macro internally for rendering source code. Confluence (and hence our plug-in) does not support Gerkin by default. But you can add new brushes (i.e., new languages) in Confluence by

General configuration -> Configure Code Macro -> Add a new language

The plug-in though is not able yet to use these (we currently try to guess the used programming language automatically). We need to support the use case where the user wants to override the inferred programming language and offer the possibility to choose one of the customizable brushes.

There is a feature request for this already: https://mibexsoftware.atlassian.net/projects/INCLUDE/issues/INCLUDE-20

You can subscribe to this issue as a watcher to get notified as soon as this is implemented. And of course, you can also vote for it which will increase the chance that this gets implemented very soon.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Michael (author of the plug-in)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events