Sync Multiple Values form Database

Anthony Zepeda November 19, 2017

Can the Sync database function add multiple values? I have a Object type of Location, but there are multiple departments in the location. When I sync my departments and locations, can it sync the multiple departments into an attribute on the location object type, rather than just 1 value?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017

Hi Anthony,

Yes, this can be done, there is documentation available at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-manager-s-guide/import-and-synchronization/general-import-concepts

Look under the section Import Attribute and Object Mapping (IQL). There is also a video clarifying how the IQL works. The example is a CSV, but the IQL is the same.

Best Regards
Alexander

Anthony Zepeda November 20, 2017

So this did work to some extent. Some values were synced but no all were.

Anthony Zepeda November 20, 2017

I think it may be related to this error that I receive. 2017-11-20 10:13:57,724 [insight-DefaultImportService-8-thread] | Unable to parse object referencing IQL. Will not be able to create references for IQL:Name = Valid Name of Object, Warn: ValidationInsightException: Validation errors were found: Errors: {iql=Invalid IQL:<Name = Name I Am Syncing>. IQL examples: Status = "In Stock". Example 2: Status in ("In Stock", "Approved"). Example 3: Status in ("In Stock", "Approved") AND Group = "jira-developers". Valid operators are (=,==,!=,<,<=,>,>=,in,not in,like,is,startswith,endswith,between,having,.) Invalid IQL:<{0}>. IQL examples: Status = "In Stock". Example 2: Status in ("In Stock", "Approved"). Example 3: Status in ("In Stock", "Approved") AND Group = "jira-developers". Valid operators are (=,==,!=,<,<=,>,>=,in,not in,like,is,startswith,endswith,between,having,.) }
Error Messages: []

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2017

Hi Anthony,

I think that is related to a bug in 5.2 and 5.2.1 which we have created a fix for that will be included in the next release, which is to be released as of today.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events