Support for nested tasks using "link" relation

Hi, Is there any way (or any plans) to support more than 2 levels of issue nesting in gantt chart? Taking JIRA sub-issue limitation into account, i would imagine something like defining subset of link types, which are used to build task dependencies deeper... Please advise.

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Vitaly,

you can use any depth of issue hiearchy level: please move your mouse over the related Gantt-Bar, then colored dark blue, click on the menu icon (triangle down in white on the left side within the bar) and select menu item "create new sub-issue". If you do this on a sub-issue, a sub-sub-issue will be created etc. JIRA's breadcrumb will reflect that hiearchy as well.

Additionally, you can combinde ALMworks STRUCTURE with my Gantt-Chart. If you have installed both, you will find two additional menu items (as presented within my video at positon 2:09min on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVa3HkPR3gs). Before, you can see how to integrate Gantt-Charts into JIRA's search result for the most flexibility using JIRA's native features of JQL, sorting etc.

Hi Peter,
if you have any question about my Gantt-Chart addon, please do not hestitate to contact me as well.

Regards,
Frank

Hi Vitaly,

Maybe you can take a look at this plugin : it now replaces our gantt chars completely :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.almworks.jira.structure

Best regards

Peter

Hi Peter, Thanks, I see the structure plugin can arrange issues prety well, but i'm not sure about the gantt chart functionality... .am i missing anything / how can i view a subset of issues in Gantt Chart using "structure"?

Hi Vitaly,

You can use your estimated work and structure will calculated the estimated total work for all tasks. It also gives an easy overview clearly defining all the tasks and their subtasks.

That was enough information for our manager to replace his gantt charts.

It currently doesn't support Gantt Charts.

This one might also be a solution if you work with Greenhopper : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.polscheit.jira.plugins.gantt

But this doesn't do the deep structure well.

I don't know if you could combine both.

Hi Peter, Thanks, this was also my observation, thats why i hope guys from de.polscheit.jira.plugins.gantt can comment here as i like being able to manage planned start-end dates and dependencies using their plugin, but ability to work with deeper nesting level would be really nice...

Vitaly I wish you good luck, it would indeed be a nice addition.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

176 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you