Support for Bitbucket 6.x versions?

Carlos Henriques April 11, 2019

Hi,

We want to update our Bitbucket Server instance from version 5.x to 6.x, but this addon only officially supports up to Bitbucket 5.16.3.

When will it have support for Bitbucket 6.x, especially the latest 6.2 version?

This addon is installed in more than 11.000 instances, and it should deserve more maintenance from Atlassian at this point.

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2019

Hello Carlos,

The app has been updated to support up to Bitbucket 6.5, along with other product versions. We’ve also tested and confirmed the app works with Bitbucket 6.x as well to ensure there would be no issues. Please take some time to retest the app against your Bitbucket instance.

Atlassian REST API Browser

Regards,
Stephen SIfers

Tim Black February 4, 2020

@Stephen Sifers Any plans for the REST API Browser (or the Atlassian Developer Tools App) app to support BB Server 6.10 Enterprise? We're upgrading from 6.2 soon and I want to know if/when I can count on this app working in that environment. Thanks.

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

Hello Tim,

From looking at the release notes log, I can see that the REST API Browser shows it’s compatible with Bitbucket Server 6.10.0. Further information can be found at Atlassian REST API Browser | Version History.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Like Tim Black likes this
Tim Black February 5, 2020

Thanks @Stephen Sifers . I wonder why our 6.2 BB server shows "Unsupported" for the REST API Browser: BBS-RESTAPIBROWSER.JPG

And when I try to install I get:

BBS-RESTAPIBROWSER-INSTALL-ERROR.JPG

UPDATE: Sorry, I answered my own question. The "Unsupported" is caused by the fact that there is not a Data Center approved version. On the app page, if I try to switch from "Server" and click on "Looking for Data Center" I get this:

DATA-CENTER-COMPATIBILITY.JPG\

@Stephen Sifers do you have any opinion or experience with how stable this app is at scale in a BB Server installation? Any idea why there's not yet a Data Center version? Seems like a very simple plugin that doesn't do much other than introspect some API files.

Also, I see that the latest version of Developer Toolbox is only supporting up to BB Server 4.14.12. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1014904/atlassian-developer-toolbox/version-history

0 votes
Saif June 24, 2019

We upgraded to V6.4.0 and guess what this plugin is incompatible.

Disappointed finding out this is officially not-supported anymore. Any alternatives?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events