SumUp Not working when it comes to Secure Fields

Dean Berman December 19, 2014

I've installed the Secure Fields plugin (which is basically just the same custom fields, but allows me to have more indepth security and permissions on them).

I copied the values (using Script Runner) from my original custom field into my new custom field, and changed the SumUp config to use the new custom field, but now it's not working.

Please see screenshots for reference...

sumup_ss_01.png

sumup_ss_02.png

sumup_ss_03.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2014

The secure fields are not the same as ordinary "custom fields".  They announce themselves as "secure number field", not "number field".  SumUp can only work with "number fields" - even though a secure number field may return a number when queried, SumUp has no way of knowing that is going to happen.

You need to talk to the authors of both plugins - either secure fields need to present their number fields as number fields, or SumUp needs to recognise and handle secure number fields.  (I suspect the latter is the correct way to go on a technical level)

Dean Berman December 21, 2014

Thanks Nic, I will try to put in a patch/update request to see if this can be done!

Dean Berman December 21, 2014

Where do I go to put in a feature request for this plugin?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2014

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.cps.sumUp - there's an issue tracker link under the support tab

Dean Berman December 23, 2014

Nic, it keeps asking me for an Atlassian Support Cloud login, which I don't have. The subdomain (cp-systems.atlassian.net) doesn't look like something I have access to get into. Is there a particular login I should be using, or should I go through the normal Create Ticket with JIRA workflow?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2014

I've not asked for support for SumUp stuff, so I'm afraid I don't know the derails. I think you want to go through "Create issue" in there, but I don't know about accounts.

Dean Berman December 23, 2014

Without an account to whatever cp-systems.atlassian.com is, I can't create a ticket. I'll just try and go through the normal Create Issue chains via JIRA.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2014

cp-systems.atlassian.com is the issue tracker for SumUp. You'll need to create an account and raise the issue there. I don't know what you mean by "Create issue chains via JIRA", there's loads of JIRA installs out there, but you need to be using the SumUp one, or it won't get to the SumUp team.

Dean Berman December 28, 2014

Nic, apparently this is the place to ask questions and/or get support for SumUp...the Issue Tracker is not open to the public. Do you have a POC or anyone with SumUp that could be reached? I've tried asking the question in the "Reviews" section for SumUp, but no response there either...any ideas?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2014

I'm afraid that if a 3rd party vendor won't let you raise issues in their tracker and doesn't respond to your efforts to contact them in other ways, you're going to be a bit stuck. Using Answers for help is a good start - there's people here who may be able to help, and I've tried to help because I've run into much the same problem, and always feel it's worth sharing (my client only had it as a very low priority - "nice to have" and already had workarounds for their pattern of use, so we didn't chase it) But we can't support it in any formal way :-( We're not the vendor, don't have the code and most of us don't have the expertise either (I'm not a developer for example, I can only get so far with code) One of my colleagues did work with SumUp and ran into problems with that project and I think we ended up with another workaround involving the script runner, so I'll ask him if he ever got any contact with the vendor But I'm afraid you might be stuck. We really need SumUp to talk about this.

Dean Berman December 29, 2014

Nic, I appreciate your help, I really do. I think I might need to look into another solution as well. I like this tool, but as you said before, there seems to be little to no support from the vendor to get anything worked. I may reach out to you soon once I look into the Script Runner capabilities a little more...thanks again for all your help!

Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2015

Hey there, I'm very sorry about the very late response. Christmas and illness is not a good combination.... Thank you a lot for the hint with the broken link to our issue tracker! The correct adress (I have updated it a few moments ago on the marketplace page) is decadis.atlassian.net. It is an open instance, so everyone can read the tickets. If you want to comment or create an issue, you are able to sign up and create an own account. I have created an ticket for you there (https://decadis.atlassian.net/browse/SUM-21) As I wrote just in the review, yesterday we started with the scripted field support sprint. I think your problem could be the same as we have with scripted fields and I will speak with my team, if we could resolve it within the current or the next sprint. Maybe you are interested in testing the beta? Cheers Julian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events