SubTasks on Dashboard

Thomas Holecek August 28, 2018

Hello,

is there a way to show subtask from a Story in the timeline of the Dashboard?

Thank you for your response

Thomas

1 answer

0 votes
Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

Hi Thomas, thanks for reaching out.

You are able to represent all issue types on the Roadmap, including sub-tasks and custom issue types, provided they are included by your agile board's filter query. At present we do not show issue links on the Roadmap such as hierarchies or dependancies but we have an open feature suggestion on our backlog that I can keep you informed on if you wish?

Kind Regards,
Seamus Kieran
Easy Agile Support Team

Luke Fletcher December 17, 2018

Hi Seamus,

Great to hear you can include sub-tasks on the roadmap. How and where would you add the filter query?

Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Hi Luke,

As long as they are not excluded by your board filter query you will be able to add sub-tasks to your Roadmap. You can read more about filter queries in this Atlassian article. In-product you can toggle which issue types you would like to appear on your roadmap under the "Options" dropdown in the backlog panel to the right of the roadmap as shown in the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.46.39 am.png

Kind Regards,

Seamus Kieran

Easy Agile Support Team

Hi Seamus,

I'm not able to get this to work. I can see the subtasks coming in from my MAR project here:

project = MAR AND issuetype in (standardIssueTypes(), subTaskIssueTypes()) ORDER BY Rank ASC

However, when viewing the roadmap the subtask issues don't display in the side issue bar.  Any help?

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 2.59.05 pm.png

The above image are the options in the roadmap product. This below is a screenshot from the project settings. Note, Sub-tasks.

image (3).png

Ivan Engelbrecht October 21, 2021

Same issue here - Sub tasks are showing on my Sprint & kanban board, but hidden from my Easy Agile Roadmap (it's not visible in the options dropdown where you select which types to show).

JQL is correct - still can't see this in the options. Please advise developers? This is a make or break for us, and I won't be able to continue use without this feature.

Jasmin Iordanidis October 24, 2021

Hi @Ivan Engelbrecht 

Thanks for your question. The Easy Agile team had looked at this in the past and didn't find a wide application of the use case. Unfortunately scheduling sub-tasks is not something the tool supports today. 

Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with. 

Jasmin

Product Marketing Manager | Easy Agile Team 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events