Sub-task not inheriting Story values upon creation. v7.3.7

We just migrated from 6.4.1 to 7.3.7 (JIRA Software server)

While creating a subtask under a story, attributes like Component, FixVersion, AffectVersion etc. are not inheriting its value from story (parent). This was working 1-2 weeks ago and is now not working.  We don't have scriptrunner. 

I'm not sure ....

1) This feature is part of 7.3.7 but not turned on.  I don't know where to find it.

2) If I need to tweek the config file to enable this, like the re-enabling EXCEL export that was removed.

3) If there was a free add-on that used to do this for us. 

Any help appreciated!

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Tom,

There isn't a copy from parent post function in JIRA so you may have been using an add-on.  ScriptRunner can usually handle this, however, you may have also been using the JIRA Suite Utilities from Beecom.

If you still have access to your old instance I would check to see what add-ons are installed that are related to workflows and go from there.  You may also want to check for JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

179 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you