[Structure plugin] Filter synchronization adds issue and then removes it when issue was updated

Stefan Johansson February 1, 2016

I have created a structure of a system in a project using Filter synchronizers. Each element/node in the structure tree has a component with the same name, used to automatically connect issues under it in the structure tree.

That is, if the project has a component named "Motherboard", a Filter synchronizer is in place filtering for issues which is a part of the component, and automatically inserts them into the structure under the node "Motherboard".

Every node in the tree has this kind of filter connecting issues with a component to a node with the same name. Only one component per issue has been used to aviod any filter conflict.

My problem is when I update an issue with a component, it flickers into the right place under a node, then dissappears. And some times even the parent node dissapperas with it, its only the parent node, the rest of the issues positioned at the level of the parent remain. When i run Resync on the filter (first on the filter used for the parent level if it also dissapeared) it shows up under the node. Also the JQL used by the filter properly filters the issue when run in the issue navigator.

My logs displays:

2016-02-01 12:27:19,620 Structure-Jobs-67adbbbe Queue-Thread#725 : Filter autosync #107 for structure 'Structure Demo for version 1.0' (#102) WARN stefanj 703x36051x3 1i4mblb 10.0.0.48,127.0.0.1 /rest/plugins/1.0/installed-marketplace [ext.sync.filter.FilterSynchronizer] Filter autosync #107 for structure 'Structure Demo for version 1.0' (#102) failed to run: cannot add under SDEMO-8: issue is not in the forest

This is for the filter matching issues for the disappeared parent node.

The Filter synchronizer used for the nodes, where the component part varies, is:

Filter (JQL query)JQL query: project = sdemo and component = Motherboard
 and ( issuetype = node or fixVersion = 1.0 and ( Status in (Backlog, 
"Next", "In Progress", Approval, "To DO", Done) or Status = closed and 
resolution in (completed, done)))

Add matching issues, as sub-issues of SDEMO-8 
Move matching issues from other locations in the structure under SDEMO-8
Remove non-matching issues (only from under SDEMO-8)

The filter matches a node issue type or any issue in the correct status with verion 1.0. The filter

Im curious if there is some kind of synchronization rule which I am not aware. The resync fixes the problem but I have to have functional to automatically match the elements since the whole structure tree have those in place.

I saw a post on: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11463984 where Robert Leitch at ALM works referenced a "Scheduled Resync extension for Structure" - is this something that still exists? The link given there was a dead end. Altough its not what I seek as a solution such a periodic resync mechanism would temporarily help.

I appreciate any help!

1 answer

0 votes
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2016

Hi Stephan,

Thanks you for your question. At the first glance the settings are correct and it all should work fine. Could you please contact us at support@almworks.com and copy the same information there or create a new support request at http://almworks.com/structure/support-request?

We'll surely look into this and will come up with some solution. 

Thanks again,

Eugene (ALM Works)

Stefan Johansson February 1, 2016

I will do that.

Thank you for your reply Eugene.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events