Structure-Widget "Action" works unexpectedly

Lutz Rentel November 16, 2017

Hi ALM people,

as mentioned already in an earlier post we are working heavily with Structure and find it extremely useful.

However we have found something, where we believe, that it doesn't work as generally expected and we'd like to know if it is an issue of Structure or if it has to do with some missing or bad configuration with our Structure settings and usage.

When using the Structure Widget in the issues detail page (as documented under §2.3.2 of the Structure User's Guide), there is the "Actions" button available for each visible issue in the Structure tree, when you hove over the respective line.  

Using the screenshot in the Structure User's Guide in §2.3.2 as reference: The active issue is SP-5, and I talk of the situation that I click on the Actions button in the line of - let's say - SP-13.

When doing so I do expect, that any action I use would be running in the context of SP-13, because that is the one I chose the Actions button from. E.g. "Log Work" would log the work on SP-13.

Now: This is not the case. Any action I chose runs in the context of the active issue, i.e. SP-5, and not in the selected issue (SP-13 in my sample).

Is this by design or is it an issue with the Structure Widget or has it to do with some setting?

Structure Widget.png

2 answers

0 votes
Lutz Rentel November 17, 2017

Hi Egor,

after restarting the respective machine the most issues are gone. Seems as if it might perhaps have been an issue with Windows or the Browser. But still 1 issue can be reproduced:

If you have a project without subtasks as parent and another one with subtasks as child and you try to create a subtask from the tree in the child, you get the following Jira error message: "No sub-task issue types have been configured for this project".

So referring again to the screenshot from the manual: The TP project is configured without sub-task issues, but the SP project is configured with sub-tasks, then you should get the error message, when you have activated the TP-124 ticket and try to create a subtask in the SP project with the action button menu.

Best regards,

Lutz

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2017

Hi Lutz,

I have reproduced this behavior and will log a bug in our system. We will inform you when it is fixed. Sorry for inconvenience.

Regards,
Egor

ALM Works Support

Lutz Rentel November 20, 2017

Hi Egor,

thank you very much. I'll inform my users about this and we're looking forward to the next version.

Best,

Lutz

0 votes
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

Hi Lutz,

I've tried reproducing this issue and for me the focus changes immediately, when I select action button. To help us investigate the issue, please, let us know what browser version you have, maybe it will be possible to reproduce the problem.

Regards,
Egor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events