Structure Plug-in for Jira Question: Synchronization copied to other structures

Lauren Daniels September 9, 2013

In the structure plug-in I have created a synchronization roll-up inside of one structure, but i want to use that same sync in other structures. Is there a way to copy that sync and put it in other structures?

Also is there a way to edit the sync?

Thanks,
Lauren

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2013

Hello Lauren,

Unfortunately, in the current version it's not possible to copy or edit synchronization settings.

One ninja-level workaround would be for a JIRA administrator to create an XML backup of all structures (that includes synchronization settings), then manually edit the XML file and duplicate an entry for a synchronizer, assigning it to another structure, and then using Migrate Structure to partially import those settings from the XML file back into JIRA.

We'll be working on improving this in the future.

Igor

0 votes
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

Update: Structure synchronizers can now be edited (as of Structure version 2.7) and copied together with cloned (copied) structures (as of version 2.9).

Version 2.8 introduced synchronizer permissions to restrict who can create and manage synchronizers.

0 votes
Lauren Daniels September 11, 2013

Thanks Igor,

Looking forward to that functionality. I think for right now I will just manually create them for each structure.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events