Structure Automation JQL does not return the same issues as running the same query

flowjo_mg September 27, 2017

I have a JQL query using Automation for a folder that return more issues than the exact same query in Search Issues in Jira...

Example of the JQL

"Epic Link" = FJCLOUD-2 AND priority = Highest AND issuetype not in (Test, "Test Execution", "Test Plan", "Test Set", "FJ-Tests Needed Sub-Task") AND issuetype != Epic AND status in (FJ-Assigned, "FJ-On Deck", "FJ-In Progress")

Specifically, it seems to ignore the final clause. 

Any thoughts?

Also, if I create a filter for this query, and set the JQLQuery to:

filter = newQueryName

I get exactly the same results as if I put the entire query into the Automator. So it does not seem to be a query length issue... (to be clear, the query works in Jira's Search, but not in Structure.)

1 answer

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2017

Hi Michael,

This does look strange. Could you please try to put "FJ-Assigned" into quotes as other statuses and see if that remedies the situation?

Igor

flowjo_mg September 27, 2017

OK, changed it to the following with no change in behavior.

"Epic Link" = FJCLOUD-2  and priority = Highest   and issuetype not in (Test, "Test Execution", "Test Plan", "Test Set", "FJ-Tests Needed Sub-Task") and issuetype != Epic  and status in ("FJ-Assigned","FJ-On Deck","FJ-In Progress")

let me know if there is anything else to try.michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events