Strange behavior for referenced single cutsom field

I use in an project a custom field "customer" for an insight objecttype "customer" which has an inbound reference to a insight obecttype called "organization".

The reference to the organization works pretty well , but when I want to create an new obejct "customer" out of the issue create dialog, the default selected objecttype ist not "customer" rather it's the root objecttype of the object scheme.

For the custom field I added an IQL like objecttype = "customer" but his has no effect.

This effect also shows up if I want to to search for an issue by the custom field "customer". Jira list me all objects of all kinds of objecttypes in this objectscheme.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Mirco,

This is because of the way that the reference field work. As it is based on references, it's not tied to a specific object type, as many different object types could be referred with the references. Although you set IQL to restrict, that won't limit the Object Types that can be selected in the create dialog. Also it will create Objects, but that is not the same as that they can be selected in the reference field, as the newly created object hasn't been selected on any objects in the "parent" field yet.

The same logic applies to JIRA issue search.

Best Regards
Alexander

Is there no way to set default objecttype on create dialog and limit of objecttype by issue seatch?

There is currently no way to restrict like you suggest.

My suggestion would be that you take a look at https://jira.riada.se which is our open ticket system for feature requests and verified bugs, where you can view, watch, vote etc for issues reported by anyone.
If you can't find an already opened feature request for this, feel free to create a new one.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

355 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you