Story Map not displaying correctly

Hal April 21, 2014

StoryMap did work until recently. We have used it in tests and decided to purchase it recently. This is the first real project we were going to us it on, any ideas?

Have tried it in Chrome and IE, same issue on both browsers

Story Map Screen

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2014

apparently something changed in the new jira version JIRA v6.3-OD-02-026, that affects the chrome and IE browsers.

we will fix it ass soon as possible

=> In the meantime you can use Firefox, which displays the map properly!

Hal April 22, 2014

Thanks Forian, will use firefox until a fix is available

1 vote
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

Hi Ricardo,

thanks for you advice! We changed the no-wrap behavior within the card (summary field). To change the no-wrap behaiour at .bit-map level makes no sense for me because it makes big maps inconsistent (as you mentioned epics will brake as well).

The original issue from this thread was solved already some versions ago so we can consider it as solved.

Cheers,

Florian

Ricardo Figueiredo September 24, 2014

Hi Florian, Thanks for fixing it! :) much better now! about the other thing I was talking about.. having a print for cards? would that be possible? Cheers

Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2014

Yes, a print feature is part of my "Story Map" but it is not yet planned concretely.

0 votes
Ricardo Figueiredo September 22, 2014

Hi,

Hope you don't mind but I will hijack this thread.

I am facing an issue about storymap that I am able to fix as a developer:

image2014-9-23 14:19:8.png

to be able to see all story:

on your storymap.css file you have a property on class .bit-map:

white-space:no-wrap;

I ignore it on runtime and then am able to look at story. However it has a side effect that is the epics go also for a no-wrap.

One other thing: if a story is too big it would be nice to have a vertical scroll bar in card.

Also I would like to add a request/suggestion:
Would it be possible to add a print feature for cards? that way although we filled in the cards, it would be possible to do brainstorming on board with those cards.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events