Cyril Egan June 21, 2017

Envrionment

• Jira Server version v7.0.10
  • ScriptRunner 4.3.1

Setup

• 2 Issue Types
    • Bug
    • Team SLA (Sub-task)
  • Separate workflow for each issue type.
  • Notification scheme is customized to no notifications for 'Generic Event' type

Bug workflow create transition post functions

1. Creates the issue originally.
  2. Script workflow function : Create a sub-task
    • Subtask will be created with issue type: Team SLA
  3. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
    Type: class
    Class: com.atlassian.jira.workflow.function.event.FireIssueEventFunction
    Arguments:
    eventTypeId = 1

Addition Issue actions for step 2 above

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
Issue issue = issue
String issueKey = sourceIssue.getKey()
issue.summary = "SLA | " + issueKey

Description

We have our Bug workflow auto-creating a "Team SLA" sub-task upon creation of the Bug.  It uses the built in "Create Sub-Task" post function supplied by the Script Runner plugin.  The Bug workflow is configured to fire a 'Create Issue' event.  The "Team SLA" workflow is configured to fire a 'Generic Event' for the 'Create' transition in its workflow.

Problem

We receive 2 e-mail notifications.  Once for the create of the 'Bug' which is as expected.  But we receive a 2nd notification for the "Team SLA" from saying it was 'Assigned' eventhough there is no apparent assign event going on.

Questions

How can I stop it from generating the e-mail for the sub-task?  Is the create subtask built in script firing the 'Assign' event internally?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jenna Davis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2017

Hello, 

Sorry for the late reply!

What are you using to send emails (a listener, a post function, etc.)? 

Could you please send me the condition for your custom email?

Jenna

Cyril Egan July 6, 2017

I'm just using post functions to send e-mails.  The post function fires a 'Generic Event' and the notification scheme for the project is configured to send no e-mail for a 'Generic Event'.  There is no other e-mail handler configured.

Jenna Davis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2017

Okay, I think I understand now.

I believe that when you create a subtask it fires an 'Assign' event to assign it to your parent issue.

You probably need to set up something in your notification scheme that would ignore that 'Assign' event, if you don't have it already.

Like 1334587353 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events