Status of the progress bar in STRUCTURE BOARD

Simranjeet Singh Randhir September 1, 2017

We have a structure board set up in a way that it follows the behavior below:

• Developer changes the status of the story to "Dev Complete" and marks a resolution to "Fixed"
  • Status in the progress bar changes to 100% 

We want that the status in the progress bar turns to 100% only when the QA has changed the status of the story to "QA Reviewed" so that we have a complete sprint closure status, instead of just development complete status.

Can you please help with this?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Amit Tripathi October 30, 2017

Hi Igor. This thread is very useful. Can you please help me with one more challenge. I have created the view as defined by you above. 

Is it possible to show the number of stories under a epic or folder structure created in the structure? 

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

Hi Amit,

It can definitely be done, the most simple way is to add "Count Sub-Items" column. If you need to select stories specifically (not other issue types) you can use conditional operators in formula column. For instance add Formula column with the following formula IF(issuetype="Story",1,0) and then sum over sub-items. This will only take stories into account.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works Support

Amit Tripathi November 3, 2017

Thanks Egor. If i am unable to add the 'Formula' column, what would it mean? I am able to do the "Count Sub Items" column, but i dont see the formula column in the list.

Thanks

Amit

0 votes
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2017

Dear Simranjeet,

I recommend setting progress bar to be based on Status and unchecking Apply resolution checkbox. Then you can set Dev Complete to let's say 50% and QA Reviewed to 100%.

Please, let me know if it works for you.

Regards,
Egor

Simranjeet Singh Randhir September 6, 2017

Thanks Egor. Can you please help with the steps for this. Where do i go to find the the settings for the progress bar and resolution? 

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2017

Dear Simranjeet,

Here are the steps: 

1. Open column configuration for Progress bar (an upside-down triangle button on the right side of the column)
  2. Then, select Status from Based On dropdown
  3. Finally, uncheck Apply Resolution checkbox
  4. If needed you can also check Ignore parent issue progress checkbox

Here is a link to documentation on Status-Based Progress column

Please, let me know if the above explains the process.

Regards,
Egor

Simranjeet Singh Randhir September 6, 2017

Thanks Egor. This is fantastic and works like a charm for my structure board. 

Is there a way to make this effective on the structure board at the project level. Right now, i am able to configure it for my instance. 

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2017

Hi Simranjeet,

When you add and configure a column, you can save it as part of the "view". This view can be used in any structure including those in the project. 

Here is a doc on configuring views.

Please, let me know if this is what you wanted to do.

Regards,
Egor

Simranjeet Singh Randhir September 12, 2017

Yes Egor. This works great. 

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events