Stash Realtime Editor cannot commit

I'm testing the new Stash Realtime Editor. But it fails to commit...:

2013-04-09 19:41:02,777 ERROR [ajp-bio-127.0.0.1-7991-exec-362] 1181x26545x1 1p3t5lj "POST /mvc/error500 HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.web.ErrorPageController There was an unhandled exception loading [/plugins/servlet/edit/projects/SAND/repos/sandbox-arjans/helloword.txt]
com.atlassian.stash.exception.ServerException: An error occurred while executing an external process: '/usr/local/bin/git commit-tree -p b32535faea73a8ee1bdf8228a2538e9bcefa27cd -m Online edit. dea19befa2568deb923e39d3efeea8edd1186a3c' exited with code 128 saying:
*** Please tell me who you are.

Run

git config --global user.email "you@example.com"
git config --global user.name "Your Name"

to set your account's default identity.
Omit --global to set the identity only in this repository.

fatal: empty ident name (for <XXXXXXXXXX>) not allowed

1 answer

Hi Arjan,

Thanks for the report! Sorry I didn't see this earlier - I haven't been monitoring answers relating to the plugin.

I've raised an issue to get this fixed for the next version (due out shortly):

https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/stash-realtime-editor-plugin/issue/9/publish-fails-when-no-git-author-config-on

cheers,

Tim

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

335 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you