Startup of atlas-mvn jira:debug continually ending in GC out of memory

Larry Wilson July 26, 2017

Initial install following https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/DevEnvironment.html ; my laptop is Windows 10, has 21G, 4 core i7 cpu, with 512 G SSD ...

Set config for Jira 7.3.3; Service Desk 3.4.0; using

Clone of samples from https://bitbucket.org/Adaptavist/scriptrunner-samples.git

Got to log in thru localhost:8080/jira (I'm patient) but when creating first project goes into GC out of memory ... (repeated 4 times)

When restarted, I can connect and start administering but very long responce (minutes) ... is this normal?

I have yet to get to the actuel development (IntelliJ) IDE since this simply won't run for me ...

Will this work smoother in a Linux environment?

JIRA documentation discusses correcting GC properties in setenv.bat or JVM input args but where do I set the equivalent of setenv.bat file or args in this environment?

1 answer

1 vote
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Hi Larry, 

What you can do is to give some more memory to it. The best way to do this is in the configuration block in the pom.xml to have something like 

<configuration>
<jvmArgs>-Xmx4g -Xms2g -XX:MaxPermSize=1g -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit</jvmArgs>
</configuration>

Give it a try and let me know how this goes. 

Kind regards, Thanos

Larry Wilson August 2, 2017

Thank you for the answer, I added the jvmargs line in my pom under the jira sample and it did exactly what I needed ... not sure of any other side effects but instance started and shows added memory ... thanks again!

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Cool, I would sugget to keep an eye in the logs for any anomalies tho.... 

regards, Thanos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events