Sprints seem empty in Tempo Planner

David Driscoll October 23, 2014

When I select the Tempo planner for my team I can see the teams Sprints in the workbar to the left but all the Sprints are showing "0h" even though the Sprints have been populated on the JIRA Agile view.  In addition, none of the Team members are showing any tasks assigned when I can clearly see in Agile Work board that they are assigned to stories/tasks.

I've tried re-indexing and restarting JIRA.  I've checked that the projects and boards are linked to my Team.  I've checked I have the "planning" permission.

I can see some issues listed under the Unassigned issues but nothing under any of the Sprints.

The only thing I can think of is that all the Sprints were already in existence before I installed Tempo Planner.  What I was expecting to happen is that the Planner view would show those task which are assigned to my team members and it would then allow me to manage them on the timeline.

Am I misunderstanding what's going on?

Regards, Andrew

6 answers

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2014

This is not yet easily done but we are working on improving this in Tempo Planner 2.1. 

In the current version, you will need to create a Sprint plan for each individual Team member for each issue within the Sprint that they will work on (instead of a Team plan). So if user A should work on 3 issues in the Sprint, you will need to create 3 Sprint plans for him. You can then use the "Move to Issue" feature to refine these Sprint plans to Issues (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/PLANNER/Move+to+Issue)

David Driscoll October 27, 2014

Hi Susanne, Is there a rough timetable for the release of v2.1? Best regards, Andrew

0 votes
David Driscoll October 26, 2014

Hi Susanne,

I've made some progress.  I realised I had dropped the Agile board onto the Timeplanner for the team rather than the actual Sprint.  Once I had corrected that, the hours count against the Sprint in the lefthand panel showed the correct amount (before I assigned the Sprint to the team the hours count showed "0h" - i.e. any Sprint not yet dropped onto the timeline seems to show 0h's).

Now, when I click on the Sprint hyperlink in the timeline view I get the righthand panel with a "Backlog" link. Following this gives me the "Members Availability" view I was after.

So, the only thing I'm now wondering is how I can display and schedule the individual issues within that Sprint on each of the team members timelines - can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Andrew 

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2014

Thank you, can you also add a screenshots of the Browser Console (F12 or right mouse click -> inspect element) when you navigate to the Team Backlog.

0 votes
David Driscoll October 26, 2014

Hi Susanne,

I had previously tried re-indexing but, to be absolutely sure, I've done it again.  No change.  I'll create an issue through your support project and supply some screen shots.

Thanks, 
Andrew 

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2014

No, you should not need to do so. The Sprints that you can plan on in the Timeline should also show in the Backlog. 
Can you reindex your JIRA (JIRA Administration -> System -> Advanced, Indexing) and see if the Sprints become available in the Team Backlog. If this does not help, can you create an Issue in our Tempo Support Project (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTS) and add information about the versions of JIRA and Tempo Planner you are using. Screenshots of this problem might also be helpful.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2014

Hi Andrew,

the Planner timeline is for high level planning. you can see the Sprint Work Item in the Work Item sidebar and drag an drop it to the timeline to show the time that is assigned for the Team to work in this Sprint (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/PLANNER/Planner+Timeline)
You can then go to the Team backlog and see which issues are in this Sprint, which Issues are assigned to a Team member and the unassigned Issues in the Sprint. You can also see the workload for each member and the overall load for the Team. Please take also a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/PLANNER/Team+Backlog for more information.

Kind regards,

Susanne

Hi Susanne, I can add the Sprint to the timeline for the team, and I can see this then automatically added to the timeline for each of the team members. But, if I then select that Sprint item from the timeline (thus exposing the righthand bar) I see no hyperlink to the backlog. I can, however, select the "Backlog" button between "Plan Time" and "Timeline" buttons and this will then allow me to select "Versions" and then the "Sprint" I'm interested in - but there are no team members listed down the righthand side. i.e. there is no "Member Availability" section. I just can't see what I'm doing wrong. Kind regards, Andrew

Hang on a minute. I don't have any "Iterations". If I create an iteration, and then select it, then I see the member availability. Does this mean that I have to duplicate information about Sprints that I created using JIRA Agile as "iterations" in Tempo, or is Tempo supposed to do this for me automatically? (Or maybe it does it for me automatically for any JIRA Agile Sprints I create after I have installed Tempo? (i.e. the installation of Tempo Planner doesn't retrospectively create iterations for all existing Sprints)? Regards, Andrew

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events