Spreadsheet workflow

VENKATESH POKALA October 10, 2017

Hi Team,

We have a request to convert using an Excel spread sheet for tracking projects to using JIRA, with the analysis of this to convert it to a Workflow that would benefit the team that wants to move to JIRA?

As of my knowledge have discussed to client. Conversation pasted below for better understanding.

Conversations:1 mine

Do i need to import the Excel spread sheets data to Jira as each sheet as project ?
User want to manage/track the Jira projects using Excel spread sheet?

kindly confirm me to proceed further.

Conversations:2 client

Hi Ritesh,
I’m not sure which workflow or process will make the most sense for her team. They use the spreadsheets to transition the container development through its lifecycle. Have you ever planned out a workflow from a team using spreadsheets before?

Conversations:3.client

Ritesh: JIRA is to replace the spreadsheets with a similar workflow are the spreadsheet is used to govern and manage status for the products now.

Kindly help me ASAP

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2017

I'm not sure what you are looking for here. 

The client wants to run their projects in Jira rather than from a spreadsheet.   Set up an appropriate project and then import their data (save the excel file as CSV and import that, is probably the easiest route)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events