Sorting the spacetree by name

Is there a possibility to sort the to spacetree by name? If not that would be a very useful extension.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Do you mean you want to sort the pages by title, as it is possible with the Page Tree Macro? That would indeed be a useful extension. Please follow the progress of this issue. For other feature requests please report them here: https://bitbucket.org/simplenia/spacetree-for-confluence/issues

Not the pages (they are already sorted), but the (sub)-spaces. As in the "subspaces" plugin:

{subspaces:currentSpace=$spaceKey|sort=title}

Thank you!

Edited: http://www.simplenia.com/confluence-plugins/spacetree doesn't look like it from vendor page. You could contact them since it's a commercial plugin.

We are talking about spacetree, not subspaces. That was just an example of how it works in subspaces. But the following code doesn't work in spacetree:

{spacetree:expandChildren=true|sort=title}

The spaces should already be sorted by name:

• If you leave the spaceCategories parameter blank, all spaces will be displayed ordered by name.
  • If you define one or multiple spaceCategories, the space categories will have the same order as you specify them in the parameter, but the spaces per category will be ordered by name.

The pages are currently sorted by position as default. If your pages have been ordered manually, it will respect the defined order. Otherwise the pages will be displayed in the 'natural' alphabetical order.

Strange... When I first configure the "subspaces" plugin and then set the spaceCategory for the spacetree, it doesn't work (see space "aaa" on screenshot). But it works when I first set the spaceCategory (see space "ABC" on screenshot).

Screenshot

This "workaraound" works for me.

Sorry, the sorting of the spaces was case sensitive. This should be fixed now in version 1.0.2 released today. The macro now also provides some advanced sorting options, like the Page Tree macro does.

Thanks for your help resolving this issue!

Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,125 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you