Sorting filter by result of nested queries

Stephan Hostie June 2, 2014

Is there a way

1. to sort the results of a query by the result of a nested query (subquery)?
  2. to have in the filter result custom fields from the subquery?

4 answers

0 votes
Stephan Hostie June 3, 2014

OK, will have to go to finance manager :-(

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

Yeah tricky... I can't think how you can sort by the linked issues. I'd investigate using Structure plugin, which can roll up based on the links, or write your own report or gadget plugin.

0 votes
Stephan Hostie June 3, 2014

Hi, I don t have access to the server now with the different filters I tried, but here a short sketch of the situation:

• PMs are managing features in a JIRA project (let s call it AAA)
  • Technology groups (TGs) manage their tasks in several other projects (BBB, CCC, etc...)
  • TGs link their tasks to the corresponding features in AAA
  • I need a kind of report, listing the AAA features (key, summary, fixversion,...) sorted by key, and together with them the linked tasks of the TGs (with key, summary, due date, status,...)
  • Ideally, I would also need on the list the release date of the fixversion of each (from AAA and the TGs)
0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

I hate very long questions, but I think in this case an example of what you're trying to achieve would be helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events