Sorting calculated number field in Confluence and Jira Queries.

Using Jira Custom Fields plugin I've created four number fields (A, B, C and D) and have a calculated field (E) which, if they're all numbers E=(A+B+C)/D.

All good and all showing up OK in search results and Confluence tables pulling in search results.

However, I can't sort by them and I want to show the table with sorted by E DESC.  I simply don't get the option to sort in the table and including it in a search shows:

Not able to sort using field 'E'.

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I’m afraid it’s a limitation of the Jira addon in Confluence. Are you able to sort by field E in Jira’s search results?

Not exactly a solution, but I guess it's the answer.  Except, what's very odd is that I went to the page today and it seems to have updated itself and it's now allowing all of the fields to be sorted manually and by default through the query!

Oh well, no idea, but it's now doing exactly what I want it to so no complaints!

This widget could not be displayed.

Ahh, I swear it didn't before, but yes - it now will allow me to pre-sort on 'E', though if it's re-sorted, the page has to be refreshed to get back to it because the header doesn't have the sorting option.

Close enough...  Thanks.

Yeah, that a limitation of the Confluence macro, that doesn't support sorting on calculated fields.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

162 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you