Sorting JIRA Versions

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2011

Hi

I am on JIRA version 4.0.2

I wrote a plugin but when I try to make it sort on versions, it does not work. I could get the projects list sorted but when the versions show I do not know what order it is showing, I just need it sorted alphabetically.

Has anyone done this. Can you please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Abe

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2011

Versions have a sequence ordering. It is the order in which the versions are created. You can change this order under Versions in Project Administration Page!

If you need alphabetical ordering, you will need to do it in your code.

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2011

Just the answer I need.

Björn Bung July 17, 2012

Followup Question:

If i got the Versions sorted in my code, how do i persist them as the version.store() method is deprecated? I'm trying to achiev this with a scheduled task as described in Jobin Kuruvillas Book.

Thanks for you help.

0 votes
Björn Bung July 17, 2012

Followup Question:

If i got the Versions sorted in my code, how do i persist them as the version.store() method is deprecated? I'm trying to achiev this with a scheduled task as described in Jobin Kuruvillas Book.

Thanks for you help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events