Some users cannot access Gantt chart

David Brooks August 4, 2014

I have installed Gantt Cloud, and it works fine for me at this location:

https://foodient.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/ac/eu.wisoft.gantt-ondemand/gantt-charts?project.id=10000&project.key=FPV

However, my colleagues cannot access the report, and have observed the following behaviour in Chrome and Firefox:

First, it's just a forever-loading screen: "Add-on Gantt Cloud is not responding. Wait or cancel?"

Second, eventually, it fails: "JWT Authentication failed Error response returned: Expired Token"

Any ideas what might be causing this? I couldn't find any permissions settings or similar.

EDITED 2014-08-05 12:54BST:

I think I realise what's happening.

I assumed that the Gantt charts I created would be shared with all other users. This, I assumed, would include my settings for "archived projects" and "JQL query". This doesn't seem to be the case - their screens were timing out because the settings I had applied limited the number of tickets drastically; my colleagues' screens did not have this, and were polling thousands of tasks.

So my question should perhaps be rephrased to:

"How do I share my archived project and JQL settings with my colleagues?"

I can easily send them an email, but it creates an on-going maintenance problem if I change the settings at all.

Many thanks,

David

2 answers

0 votes
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

Hi David,

All filters settings are stored per user and can't be shared at the moment. However, all the filtering feature soon is going to be revamped in a way that each user will have ability to have many filter settings and share them with others. You can check the roadmap to see more details on this:

https://wisoft.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GanttOnDemand/Roadmap

0 votes
David Brooks August 4, 2014

I think I realise what's happening.

I assumed that the Gantt charts I created would be shared with all other users. This, I assumed, would include my settings for "archived projects" and "JQL query". This doesn't seem to be the case - their screens were timing out because the settings I had applied limited the number of tickets drastically; my colleagues' screens did not have this, and were polling thousands of tasks.

So my question should perhaps be rephrased to:

"How do I share my archived project and JQL settings with my colleagues?"

I can easily send them an email, but it creates an on-going maintenance problem if I change the settings at all.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events