Smart Checklist - Define checklist for IssueType

IT Accounts September 26, 2017

I am wondering if this works in conjunction with JIRA Service Desk?

I would like for the 'issue types' which are defined from the customer portal (ie. 'Add new account' 'delete system' etc. to, when generated, attach the associated checklist to the issue.

For instance, in the example of 'Add new account', the user would log in to the service desk, select the particular request "add account" and then put in a description "need account for X to access Y.". This would generate an issue of type "Add account". This issue type would be associated with a particular checklist, in this case something like:
* Get approval from App Manager
* Get approval from user's manager
* Create account
* Document account
* Register Training
* Notify User

The goal is that this way, on issues which have consistent checklists, all steps are validated.

Thanks for any insight!

2 answers

2 votes
Olga Rusnak
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2018

Hi @IT Accounts

Thanks for the question!

At this moment Smart Checklist cannot assign default checklist per issue type. However, we have considered your request and added this feature to our backlog. Thank you for your input!

Becca September 25, 2018

My team would love this feature too!

Olga Rusnak
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 28, 2018

Hi Becca! It’s in our backlog and we’re going to focus on it very soon!

Like Saoirse likes this
Saoirse November 14, 2022

Has there been any movement with this backlog item?

Olena Brazhko_Railsware_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2022

@Saoirse hey!

Yes, it is possible to set a template as default for an Issue type. In fact, it's quite easy to accomplish. Have a look at the article here:

Set a Template as Default

Does it help?

Like Saoirse likes this
Saoirse November 16, 2022

I'll check it out and get back, thanks for your quick response

0 votes
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
September 25, 2018

Hello  👋

Issue Checklist add-on allows setting default checklist for an issue type.

It means that each kind of request (Create Account, Get Approval, etc.) can get its checklist automatically. It improves the daily workflow significantly. 

It works very well with Jira Core, Jira Software and Service Desk as well.

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events