Since upgrading to version 3, we've experienced a number of new issues compared to 2.0

Grant Gochnauer October 20, 2015
  • Can no longer paste multiple items into the tool which adds time to creating the list.
  • Markdown-based copy/paste (between items, from templates) no longer possible (or at least, it was not obvious how to do that)

• If you are editing the list, and make changes to items, you have to save the changes and then also accept the edits with the check mark button. If you don't do one of these things, the changes are not saved.

• I have had times where when accessing Acceptance Criteria from the . context menu, the module doesn't load all the way and you cannot edit the items.

Editing flow issues: ( I have screenshots for these but the server is reporting an error when trying to attach)

• Typing in the box and pressing submit does nothing. 
  • Typing in the box, moving focus out of the box and pressing submit does nothing. 
  • You have to type in the box, hit return and hope it accepts it before hitting submit.  Usually requires 2-3 attempts to get it right:
  • It took 5 attempts to get the version that actually accepted user input.

1 answer

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2015

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to answer the questions but I am not sure I understand all of them correctly

• In order to support more features, the internal data structure of Checklist had to be modified. So, while you cannot add multiple items the way you were used to, you can still do it. First, to get a template, add items in the list that you would like to copy. Then, from the gear menu (top right), select "Export". This will open up a dialog where you can copy the new format. You can modify the data, save it in a file, etc. When you want to copy them back, simply copy the entire content into the field where you usually enter an item and press on enter. I understand that the format might now be a little bit more complex but it will enables more features. I also just realized that I forgot to add this to the documentation. I will add it.
  • While in the inline edit mode, changes to the checklist item are only committed when you click on save (or anywhere else on the screen for that matter). Then just like the old version, you need to click on the CustomField checkmark button to actually save the data to the server. I will see if I can get the clicking on the checkmark button to close the inline editor and save the changes at the same time.
  • I will perform more tests using the . context menu. The new checklist is rendered on the browser (javascript) instead of the server so this might be a synchronization issue.

Editing Flow Issues (images would have been great ... if you can try to upload them again). This is the part that I am not sure I completely understand.

• It you press enter and that it does nothing it means that the javascript code was never executed and there are probably errors raised by the browser. If you could take a snapshot of the error (usually F12 in the browsers) that would help a lot to figure out was is happening. Also, can you tell me, when this is happening, do you see a pattern, are you editing using inline edit or by opening the edit dialog?

Finally, can you give me the JIRA version used, the type of browser and their version?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events