Show stopping issue! - Tempo integration to a Service Desk ticket

Tim Patrick December 14, 2017

Scenario:

We have Service Desk installed into Jira with over 100 customers. We have Tempo installed for timesheets, but want Tempo to also work with budgets/costs.

We have 8 issue types, of which 2 are chargeable, 2 use budget hours, and 6 are non-chargeable.

Due to this, each client has 3 tempo accounts. One for chargeable work that has a pricing table, one with a zero pricing table that we will use the budget hours with, and one that just has a zero pricing table.

Requirement:

When a ticket is raised, or a tickets issue type is changed, we want the tempo account to be automatically populated into the ticket.

Examples:

Client A raises a ticket of issue type X. As issue type X is chargeable, and the client is A, the Tempo account "Client A (Chargeable)" will be populated into the ticket automatically.

Client B raises a ticket of issue type Y. As issue type Y is non-chargeable, and the client is B, the Tempo account "Client B (Non-Chargeable)" will be populated into the ticket automatically.

This is now a show stopper for us, so any urgent help would be appreciated.

We have the hosted version of Jira.

1 answer

0 votes
Hlynur Johnsen December 15, 2017

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the feedback.  One of the things we are interested in exploring is more automation when selecting Tempo accounts for issues.  The way you describe your requirements seems to align nicely with what we have in mind, which is to help assign Tempo Accounts to issues based on, for example, Project and Issue type.  Supporting Client (Assuming you are referring to Tempo Customer) as well is an interesting use case and seems to be particularly valuable for Service Desk customers.  We will certainly take this into consideration.

Having said that, this is not a trivial change, and it will take some time for us to implement.  In fact, at the moment we haven't confirmed a timeline for this yet.  So I'm afraid that we don't have a solution for this for the short term.  I recommend that you take a look at the Tempo Unaccounted Hours report, which helps you identify issues that haven't been "accounted for" i.e. no account has been selected.

Are you using the same Jira project for all of your service desk work?

Kind regards,

Hlynur Johnsen

Product Manager

Tempo

Tim Patrick December 18, 2017

Hi,

As we have thousands of tickets each month, doing this through Tempo Unaccounted Hours would be a full time job in itself.

As i have already found that we can write the Tempo account to a field due to it having a numeric value in the background, i just need someone to assist me with the use of script runner on how to get this working.

It is perfectly possible in the current versions and combination of add-on's that we have, i just don't have the knowledge on writing the script.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hlynur Johnsen December 20, 2017

Hi Tim,

Glad you have found a way to solve the problem.  Unfortunately we are unable to offer expert services for using Script Runner.  I recommend that you contact Adaptavist support team directly, for advise about this.  If you need help with using our APIs, we're happy to assist.

Regards,

Hlynur Johnsen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events