Shortcut for Zen Foundation publishing step? Or option to remove?

Our Confluence install is used for a variety of purposes, some internal and some external. A number of our users have asked whether there is a shortcut to publish a page directly from the editor, or if there is an option we can enable that will allow this. For internal pages (and for typos) this would reduce the effort required to edit a page (and lead to happier users!).

Has anyone found a way to skip the draft step?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

In Zen 5.2.5, there is the ability to disable drafts, either site-wide, or space-by-space. (This is done in the Admin Console > Zen Foundation > Site Settings and Space Admin > Zen Foundation > Settings, respectively)

However, this applies for all users. There is not currently a way to disable this for select users only.

Thanks - that's great. Most of the feedback I've had has been for internal spaces, so giving users the option to have this turned off for their spaces should solve their problems. :)

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Darryl. The problem with this technique (with Confluence 4.3) is that it disables versioning. So we now have a choice between speed (disabling the publishing step) and versioning (enabling the publishing step) - which are the two most important aspects of Wikis.

Hi Elliot,

Yes, the issue of the versions will be fixed in Zen 5.2.9, coming soon!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

428 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you