Sharing filters between JIRA web client and desktop client

Is there any way to automatically share filters? The web client and desktop client each have their strengths and often I prefer to work in one or the other but it drives me crazy having to recreate my filters in the other. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Dan,

Unfortunately there's no easy way to share filters between JIRA Client and JIRA, because JIRA Client has its own query engine which does not support JQL. There's a feature request https://jira.almworks.com/browse/JCO-747 - but I don't expect that we'll improve this in the nearest future, sorry. But feel free to vote/watch/comment on that issue to put more pressure on it.

Kind regards,
Igor

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks Igor. Lack of compatability between the two is a big frustration and road block to wider spread adoption of the JIRA Client in my company. Everyone has been using the Web client for quite some time and doesn't want to take the time to recreate their filters. I'll vote on JCO-747. Thanks.

Dan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

469 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you