Sharing filters between JIRA web client and desktop client

Dan Eichenwald September 6, 2012

Is there any way to automatically share filters? The web client and desktop client each have their strengths and often I prefer to work in one or the other but it drives me crazy having to recreate my filters in the other. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Dan,

Unfortunately there's no easy way to share filters between JIRA Client and JIRA, because JIRA Client has its own query engine which does not support JQL. There's a feature request https://jira.almworks.com/browse/JCO-747 - but I don't expect that we'll improve this in the nearest future, sorry. But feel free to vote/watch/comment on that issue to put more pressure on it.

Kind regards,
Igor

1 vote
Dan Eichenwald October 21, 2012

Thanks Igor. Lack of compatability between the two is a big frustration and road block to wider spread adoption of the JIRA Client in my company. Everyone has been using the Web client for quite some time and doesn't want to take the time to recreate their filters. I'll vote on JCO-747. Thanks.

Dan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events