Setting value to a select list from trigger Issue to a new Issue

Lars Hellström Marcus June 26, 2017

Hi!

I am trying to copy value from triggerIssue to a new issue where the custom field is an Select List. When the automation rule triggers it spawns an "Internal Server Error" from Automation for Jira Audit. I have managed to locate the error to when the Select List should get the value from the triggered Issue. My question is rather simple. What am I doing wrong here? Or is this a bug?

I have also a question when using other custom field types. Such as Checkboxes and other lists. Copy from trigger issue would be neat and important for us to work.

Below is the examples I tried to copy the value.

Position_triggerIssue_copy_value.PNGPosition_triggerIssue_field_value.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2017

Hi Lars,

That is most definately a bug, you should never get an internal server error.

I have tried copy the single select value on my instance from trigger issue and it works fine. So I need to find out a few more things about your environment.

• Can I confirm that you are talking about Select List (single choice) custom field type?
  • Are you using automation for JIRA on server or cloud? 
  • Can you attach a screenshot of your rule chain & audit log

Thanks.

Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2017

Actually it would probably be more effecient if you contact us at support. 

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

If you could send us through your server logs when you raise the ticket also, that would be great.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/where-are-the-application-server-logs-16121981.html

Thanks.

Lars Hellström Marcus June 27, 2017

I have now sent a ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events