Setting a custom field value

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Is it possible to set a custom field value on a transition screen using the behaviours plugin server side script and the function - formField.setFormValue(value)?

I want to set a custom field to the current/logged in user.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

It is to populate on the next transition, so storing the previous user on last transition would be a problem with this solution.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

I didn't understand. You need the value for the current user who is doing the operation to be filled in a custom field so that it gets stored. That is exactly that post function also is doing.

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

The problem is the user doing the transition is not the one who did the last action ie the one that would be populated as current user on a post function - the next user then picks up the issue, at this point I want the field to get populated.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

Yes it is possible , But i would advice you to test if it works .for me formField.setFormValue(value)

did not work for priority field.

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

so what would the syntax actually be?

Something like : form<cf value>.setFormValue(current_user)?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

You will need to get the current user first the set the value using username

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

What is the syntax for that also?

Adrienmchl April 17, 2016

I have the same issue, someone know the exact syntax i could use for that ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events