Set issue summary - Adding constant to exsiting summary

Hi,

I'm trying to use a built in script as a post function.
The Script i'm using: Clones an issue and links.
There is an option of additional issue actions. i'm would like to choose: Set issue summary.
and i would like to add a constant to an exiting summary. meaning not to overide the exisiting summary, just to add on top of that.

it look like this:
issueInputParameters.setSummary('new summary')
issueInputParameters.setSkipScreenCheck(true)

can you please let me know what should i put under the 'new summary'?

Thanks in advance,
Eyal.

2 answers

Hi Eyal,

issueInputParameters.setSummary(issue.summary + 'new summary')

will do the trick.

Hi Thanos,

Thanks you for your swift reply.

I have tried adding this, but unfortantly it's failed the new clone tickets to be created.

To provide more details, in the sections of the 'Additional issue actions', when i choose  Set issue summary

then i get 2 lines:

issueInputParameters.setSummary('new summary')
issueInputParameters.setSkipScreenCheck(true)

i tested all possible combination that i can think of:

1. Replacing the first line with what you provide me 'issueInputParameters.setSummary(issue.summary + 'new summary')'
  2. Use the original line only issueInputParameters.setSummary('new summary')
  3. use with and without ''
  4. deleting the second line

all the combination has failed to work. when i try to run the script without this additional issue summary, the script is working and creating the new clone ticket.

Do you have any idea, what shall i do instead?

Thanks in advance,

Eyal.

0 vote

I think you want:

issue.summary = sourceIssue.summary + "Some constant"

One of the examples, if you click Expand Examples, is for exactly this IIRC.

Hi Jamie,

I tired several options:

1. I tried adding the line you suggested and unfortunately the clone ticket wasn't created.
  2. i found built in option to edit the summary field

image2016-3-14 16:34:31.png

Both options didn't work. Please note that when i'm not adding this additional section, the script of cloning the ticket - works

Thanks in advance,

Eyal.

You're using a very old version... which one?

Hi,

The version i'm using is 2.1.16

That version is over two years old, I can't remember how you would do it in that. Any chance you can upgrade?

Hi Jamie,

Looking on the add-on in the manage add-ons section in Jira, i don't see any 'Update' button to upgrade it. can you please:

1. described how to upgrade/update to a new version? this must not affect the current configurtaion that we are using with the add-on that we already configured quite a few
  2. how it will effect our system? we are now using JIRA V.6.1.1 and going to upgrade to 6.4
  3. what are the differences between version?

Please see attached screen shot frommanage add-on section

image2016-3-17 8:26:10.png

Thanks,

Eyal.

When you upgrade to 6.4 then you should upgrade to the latest version of the plugin. 

it will take us time to upgrade JIRA to 6.4. 

6.1.1 is not possible to upgrade the add-on?

Hi Jamie,

I tried testing the new version of this add-on and i think it's asking me to pay for the new version? 

Hi Eyal,

Yes, you will find version 4.x has become a paid version. You can use an evaluation licence for 30 days though whilst you decide if you want to switch to the paid version.

Hi Mark,

We already implemented our work flow using this add-on when it was free of charge. not sure why we need to pay now.

anyway can you grantee if we will pay and upgrade that the issue i'm complaining above will be solve? in general every time i'm using the additional steps in the built in scripts it fails.

Hi Eyal,

It should work but I cannot guarantee it which is why I suggested you try a staging instance of JIRA 6.4 an an evaluation licence for ScriptRunner for JIRA and check it yourself.

I think you need a transition screen for your "additional actions" to work.

Hi Mark,

We would like to process with the perchuse of this add-on.

we would like to test it first in our test servers. will it possible to use the same keys on different servers (2 tests server and 1 production).

after we will finish all test we will need it on the production only.

please confirm.

thanks,

Eyal.

Hi Eyal,

When you have a paid license, you can make use of a "developer" licence on all non-production servers (like staging, development or test). This "developer" license is available to the billing or technical contact for the licence under my.atlassian.com.

regards,
Mark. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

97 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you