Set issue summary - Adding constant to exsiting summary

Eyal Silber March 10, 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to use a built in script as a post function.
The Script i'm using: Clones an issue and links.
There is an option of additional issue actions. i'm would like to choose: Set issue summary.
and i would like to add a constant to an exiting summary. meaning not to overide the exisiting summary, just to add on top of that.

it look like this:
issueInputParameters.setSummary('new summary')
issueInputParameters.setSkipScreenCheck(true)

can you please let me know what should i put under the 'new summary'?

Thanks in advance,
Eyal.

2 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

I think you want:

issue.summary = sourceIssue.summary + "Some constant"

One of the examples, if you click Expand Examples, is for exactly this IIRC.

Eyal Silber March 14, 2016

Hi Jamie,

I tired several options:

1. I tried adding the line you suggested and unfortunately the clone ticket wasn't created.
  2. i found built in option to edit the summary field

image2016-3-14 16:34:31.png

Both options didn't work. Please note that when i'm not adding this additional section, the script of cloning the ticket - works

Thanks in advance,

Eyal.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

You're using a very old version... which one?

Eyal Silber March 15, 2016

Hi,

The version i'm using is 2.1.16

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2016

That version is over two years old, I can't remember how you would do it in that. Any chance you can upgrade?

Eyal Silber March 16, 2016

Hi Jamie,

Looking on the add-on in the manage add-ons section in Jira, i don't see any 'Update' button to upgrade it. can you please:

1. described how to upgrade/update to a new version? this must not affect the current configurtaion that we are using with the add-on that we already configured quite a few
  2. how it will effect our system? we are now using JIRA V.6.1.1 and going to upgrade to 6.4
  3. what are the differences between version?

Please see attached screen shot frommanage add-on section

image2016-3-17 8:26:10.png

Thanks,

Eyal.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2016

When you upgrade to 6.4 then you should upgrade to the latest version of the plugin. 

Eyal Silber March 16, 2016

it will take us time to upgrade JIRA to 6.4. 

6.1.1 is not possible to upgrade the add-on?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2016

You can pick the latest version with your JIRA version  from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/versions

Eyal Silber March 23, 2016

Hi Jamie,

I tried testing the new version of this add-on and i think it's asking me to pay for the new version? 

Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2016

Hi Eyal,

Yes, you will find version 4.x has become a paid version. You can use an evaluation licence for 30 days though whilst you decide if you want to switch to the paid version.

Eyal Silber March 28, 2016

Hi Mark,

We already implemented our work flow using this add-on when it was free of charge. not sure why we need to pay now.

anyway can you grantee if we will pay and upgrade that the issue i'm complaining above will be solve? in general every time i'm using the additional steps in the built in scripts it fails.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2016

Hi Eyal,

It should work but I cannot guarantee it which is why I suggested you try a staging instance of JIRA 6.4 an an evaluation licence for ScriptRunner for JIRA and check it yourself.

I think you need a transition screen for your "additional actions" to work.

Eyal Silber May 1, 2016

Hi Mark,

We would like to process with the perchuse of this add-on.

we would like to test it first in our test servers. will it possible to use the same keys on different servers (2 tests server and 1 production).

after we will finish all test we will need it on the production only.

please confirm.

thanks,

Eyal.

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2016

Hi Eyal,

When you have a paid license, you can make use of a "developer" licence on all non-production servers (like staging, development or test). This "developer" license is available to the billing or technical contact for the licence under my.atlassian.com.

regards,
Mark. 

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2016

Hi Eyal,

issueInputParameters.setSummary(issue.summary + 'new summary')

will do the trick.

Eyal Silber March 10, 2016

Hi Thanos,

Thanks you for your swift reply.

I have tried adding this, but unfortantly it's failed the new clone tickets to be created.

To provide more details, in the sections of the 'Additional issue actions', when i choose  Set issue summary

then i get 2 lines:

issueInputParameters.setSummary('new summary')
issueInputParameters.setSkipScreenCheck(true)

i tested all possible combination that i can think of:

1. Replacing the first line with what you provide me 'issueInputParameters.setSummary(issue.summary + 'new summary')'
  2. Use the original line only issueInputParameters.setSummary('new summary')
  3. use with and without ''
  4. deleting the second line

all the combination has failed to work. when i try to run the script without this additional issue summary, the script is working and creating the new clone ticket.

Do you have any idea, what shall i do instead?

Thanks in advance,

Eyal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events