Set issue Duration in hours instead of days in WBS-Gantt-Chart for JIRA Edited

As a project manager I need to see the work load of our co-workers and often see overloads (more than 100%) on many developers.

This is because our daily practice to create JIRA Tasks shorter than a day (many of them just 2 or 4 hours) and developers work on more than one Tasks a day: 3 of 2 hours Tasks is 6 hours of work (less than thier 100% load) but in WBS-Gantt-Chart is impossible to set the Duration of a Task shorter than 1 day. That causes - with the previous example - 3 times 1 day work on the same calendar day = 300% load -> 3x overload of a resource.

Is it possible to configure WBS-Gantt-Chart for JIRA to use hours instead of day in the Duration field?

Thank you. 

1 answer

Hi Attila,

I am afraid it is not possible to configure WBS-Gantt-Chart for Jira to use hours instead of day in the Duration field. We already have the feature request and filed in our public tracker, though.

https://rssupport.atlassian.net/browse/WGCPT-11

I encourage you to vote, comment, and watch the issue to get updates on it. We sincerely appreciate feedback from customers.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Hi Sean,

thank you for your answer. I voted to that issue already, but that is not exactly what I mean, in my case would be an alternative solution if we could set Duration shorter than 1d -> 0.5 day or 0.1 day. This is actually not possible.

The preffered unit is Hour, that suits much more to our planning habits.

Thank you again.

Hi @Attila Fehérvári,

Thank you for voting the issue.

If you feel it is not exactly you want, please feel free creating another issue on the public tracker.

The feedback from customers is always welcome and valuable. :)

Cheers,

Dear @Sean Osawa,

thank you for your answer. I filed a Bug in the JIRA sytem becasue after analysing the situation it looks possible to use "hours" as a unit of the duration.

WGCPT-22

Please change the Bug issue type if it is just a side effect and "hours" handling is a New Feature.

Thank you.

Bye,

Thanks, @Attila Fehérvári

Our dev team will take a look at it.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

349 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you