Service Desk and CMDB - wery worried

My Company are very keen to invest in Service Desk, as we already use alot of the products but I have a niggle to be frank.

Im also looking for a CMDB to compliment Service Desk of which seems to be missing in the main product and only avaialble as a plugin from a 3rd party.

So how is the CMDB supported and how can it be implemented if its not supported by Atlassian? Another support layer? Seems really risky as an investment.

Service Now comes with CMDB and is cloud based, seems a little unfortuanate - does anyone know if this is coming.

2 answers

1 vote
Susan Hauth Community Champion Jul 17, 2017

There are plugins such as Insight - Asset Management for JIRA

that might give you the additional functionality you are looking for

Hi Fraser,

My answer is biased as I work for Device42, but I would suggest exploring Device42 CMDB: http://www.device42.com/integrations/jira/

We integrate with JIRA service desk as well.

Regards,

Raj

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

152 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you