Send multiple emails to different groups with JETI for the same reason

Chip Sjule July 19, 2017

Hello,

I am using JETI Email This Issue

Is there a way to send two different emails for the same reason to different groups.  For example when a ticket is in the breached status and a comment is made on the ticket I would like to send one email to the customer the contents of the comment and I would like to send another email to an escalation group that the ticket is breached keeping them up to date on the status.  The contents of the email would be different for the two groups.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chip

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chip Sjule July 25, 2017

I found in the documentation that there is a new feature that does allow this functionality.  Event Notifications

Event Notifications in JIRA

JIRA Notifications are hard to customize and JIRA does not support different mail templates per project or issue type or event, does not allow you to address notification emails to external email addresses stored in custom fields, not talking about adding attachments to the outgoing emails.

JETI resolves these shortcomings as it allows you to

• easily develop different templates for any combination of project, issue type and event
  • address notification emails to external users (such as customers)
  • easily configure customizable notification schemes (a.k.a Notifiction Templates in the JETI terminology)
  • add issue attachments to outgoing notification emails
  • NEW Send different emails to different recipients upon a single event
  • NEW Configure Service Desk Customer Notifications separately to usual Event Notifications

0 votes
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

Do you know that you can send mails from transition postfunction with JETI?

When you have a transition to set the new status to breached and show a screen to enter comment you can use two postfunctions to send to different mails (different templates) with the content of the comment.

That would look similar to this:

jeti_postfunction.png

Chip Sjule July 20, 2017

Thank you for your reply.  In this case there isn't a transition happening, as the ticket is already in a breached status. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events