Select Version dropdown in Zephyr changing soon?

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

JIRA > Tests > Plan Test Cycle > Test Cycle > Cycle Summary > Select Version

We have over 100 versions for one of our projects which makes this field horrible to use. The versions don't seem to be in any logical order and the user needs to just scroll through all of the versions to find theirs. If I click on the field a list of versions displays and I can type the first letters or numbers of the version I'm looking for and it seems to highlight the first version it finds with what I"ve typed but it's a bad experience. Because what I type doesn't display on the screen anywhere. Our clients are really frustrated with this. Will a change be made soon? It would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Moline December 2, 2013

It would make sense for Zephyr for JIRA to follow the convention that JIRA itself uses: that is: any time that the user has to choose a Fix Version, it displays unreleased versions at the top of the list, followed by released versions in descending date order.

In fact, you could even be a bit smarter, and order unreleased versions by ascending date, and released versions by decending date. This convention would put the most likely versions at the top of the lists, because most of the time, you will be concerned with the next one or two unreleased versions.

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2013

Hi JS,

Thanks for the feedback. How would you impliment a "fix" ? What would like to see?

Kind Regards,
Chris

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2013

It would be great if at a minimum, when typing in a version it displays what I'm typing. And then the results display below according to what I'm typing so I only have those to choose from.

Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

Thanks for the feedback. I've passed it on the dev team to consider as an enhancement.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events