Select SubTasks based on the Parent Issue's status

Jordan_Davis December 14, 2018

I'm trying to write a filter query that only returns subtasks if the parent STORY is of a certain status.

Query:

project = 'myProject' AND issueType = 'mySubTaskType' AND parent IN("status='READY FOR DEVELOPMENT'")

Question: How can I get all subtasks for stories of a certain status?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2018

Hello,

You can not do it with the out of the box JQL.

Jordan_Davis December 17, 2018

So is there some plugin that can be used for web?

1 vote
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

The ScriptRunner add-on can be utilized to write a query like this that will find your issues:

issueFunction in subtasksOf("project = PRJ0187 and status = 'In Progress'")

So with this plugin  it would allow me to select the subtasks which their parent stories are of a certain status?

Basically I want the tasks to show up for my developers but only when the story has been moved into the 'READY FOR DEVELOPMENT' status in my workflow and not before so it doesn't confused them on which tasks are ready and not. 

Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

That is correct. ScriptRunner is an incredibly powerful add-on that includes all sorts of goodies. After administering Jira with it, I cannot imagine doing so without it. I'd certainly recommend taking a look at it and giving the 30-day trial a whirl.

Here is the documentation section on the function I recommend using for your particular use case: http://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/enhanced-search.html#_subtasks 

Awesome thank you so much for your help!

Jordan_Davis December 27, 2018

@Payne so I've install the ScriptRunner Plugin, wrote a JQL query exactly for what I need however i am now trying to link the filter to a board, but can't seem to figure out where I can't select the filter in the board settings.

Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 2.14.08 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events