Securing PocketQuery

How can I secure PocketQuery add-on to select users or groups within Confluence?  I have written sql for administrative reporting but do not want anyone who has a Confluence license be able to access it.  How can I not make it appear under 'other macros'?

3 answers

It's currently not possible to restrict a query to a single user or a group. I recommend that you use the "space" attribute in your query. See https://www.scandio.de/atlassian/en/plugins/pocketquery . This allows you to restrict a query to a defined Confluence Space. To hide the macro in the macro browser does not make sense because then you'll hide for all users.

Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply.  Your statement - "To hide the macro in the macro browser does not make sense because then you'll hide for all users."  I was inquiring if the macro could be hidden from the general user so any user couldn't add it since I have written sql queries for gathering statistics for management and want to prevent performance issues if a lot of users add it.  I was wondering if the macro could be secure to administration only.

Thanks

Because of this kind of requirements we added the space security feature.

• Create a space with admin only access
  • Add the space key to each query that needs security
  • Create you query pages in the space

Then it is not possible to use the queries in other spaces. Because your idea is interesting for other customers we added it to our product backlog.

Thanks Christian,

I will follow your recommendation.

Appreciate your time.  Take care.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

3,670 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you