Securing PocketQuery

AesPheaa January 6, 2017

How can I secure PocketQuery add-on to select users or groups within Confluence?  I have written sql for administrative reporting but do not want anyone who has a Confluence license be able to access it.  How can I not make it appear under 'other macros'?

3 answers

0 votes
AesPheaa January 9, 2017

Thanks Christian,

I will follow your recommendation.

Appreciate your time.  Take care.

0 votes
AesPheaa January 9, 2017

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply.  Your statement - "To hide the macro in the macro browser does not make sense because then you'll hide for all users."  I was inquiring if the macro could be hidden from the general user so any user couldn't add it since I have written sql queries for gathering statistics for management and want to prevent performance issues if a lot of users add it.  I was wondering if the macro could be secure to administration only.

Thanks

Christian Koch January 9, 2017

Because of this kind of requirements we added the space security feature.

• Create a space with admin only access
  • Add the space key to each query that needs security
  • Create you query pages in the space

Then it is not possible to use the queries in other spaces. Because your idea is interesting for other customers we added it to our product backlog.

0 votes
Christian Koch January 8, 2017

It's currently not possible to restrict a query to a single user or a group. I recommend that you use the "space" attribute in your query. See https://www.scandio.de/atlassian/en/plugins/pocketquery . This allows you to restrict a query to a defined Confluence Space. To hide the macro in the macro browser does not make sense because then you'll hide for all users.

Christian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events